Vision of Digital Currensy
To use emerging blockchain technology to decentralize the digital music disribution industry and provide opportunities for artists to earn income and to further their career for little to no cost. We will begin architecturally and technically decentralized and logically centralized in order to build the user database and monitor functionality. Over time, the platform will evolve to become fully decentralized and controlled entirely by the Digital Currensy Community.
The founders realized that the current, monopolized system doesn't offer equal opportunities to all arists and highly favors the corporate middlemen. Without artists, there would be no music and Digital Currensy believes that each artist should receive the maximum value from their work instead of paying large amounts to intermediaries.
Digital Currensy will use the Ethereum platform and smart contracts to ensure secure, efficient payments that surpass industry standards and create the opportunity for effective crowd funding. Digital Currensy Cash (DCC) will be created, distributed, rewarded, and used for all transactions within the platform. DCC also gives music consumers (fans) the chance to get involved by directly supporting their favorite artists.
What Defines Digital Currensy?
Digital Currensy intends to disrupt the music industry by creating a platform for artists to maximize content monetization and conduct community based PR campaigns, while involving fans in the music creation and distribution process for the first time. A Smart Music Marketplace (SMM) will give the opportunity for creators to connect directly to other users to buy and sell music related content and services. The community of Digital Currensy users, including fans and artists, will be responsible for approving content uploads and have the opportunity to share content in "micro marketing campaigns." Nearly all activities within the platform are rewarded, which gives incentive to the community to continuously engage and share.
We will create a dominant cryptocurrency to pay for musical content and services, and use blockchain technology to make transparency commonplace. By removing the corporate middlemen and using smart contracts to automate the distribution process, transparency and efficiency are built into the framework. The use of cryptocurrency will streamline payments to and between artists and involve fans directly in the music industry for the first time. More profit will be allocated to the musicians and increased automation leads to lower overhead, which means professionals can dedicate more time to marketing and PR for breakout stars.
Blockchain is the framework that makes everything possible for Digital Currensy. This is what will allow us to create a transparent royalty tracking system in addition to providing streaming and sales analytics in real-time. Our platform/dApp will be built on a blockchain and files will be stored on a blockchain. It is nearly impossible to hack into or alter data or transactions stored in a blockchain system.
Artists can customize the way they release music and fans can get involved; all securely and efficiently. The Digital Currensy platform, dApp, will be the framework for smart contracts to be built and executed. In addition to release customization, smart contracts will enable users to make payments/donations, store data, vote, buy/sell content and services, and create unique parameters for every transaction.
Our cryptocurrency is called Digital Currensy Cash and will be the native currency used on our platform for all transactions. DCC will enable faster-than-ever royalty payments, industry specific crowd funding, a Smart Music Marketplace, and instant Wallet-to-Wallet transfers,
The sale of Digital Currensy’s native currency (token), Digital Currensy Cash (DCC), will take place during a private Pre-Sale and an ICO that will last 28 days. Digital Currensy plans to sell 42% of the tokens during this time, with a hard cap To Be Determined.
Purchasers of Digital Currensy Cash will include artists, fans, and people who agree that musicians should be fairly compensated for their work and that distribution should be equally available to all artists. Those who contribute to the Digital Currensy token sale do so only because they value the music industry, they believe in the project, or they plan to use the token on the platform in the future.
The Pre-Sale will be ongoing and capped at 25% of the total number of tokens available.
Start: July 1, 2018 (08:00 PST)
Number of Tokens Available: 157,000,000 DCC
Hard Cap: TBD
Number of Tokens for Sale: 65,940,000 DCC (42%)
Pre-Sale Cap: 39,250,000 DCC (25%)
ICO Cost of DCC (First 7 Days): TBD
ICO Cost of DCC (Linear Increase During Final 21 Days): TBD
Acceptable Currencies: ETH, BTC, LTC, NEO, EOS, XVG
Minimum Purchase Required: 1 DCC
- Q2 2017 - Concept created
- Q4 2017 - Teams starts to form and work on project officially begins
- Q1 2017 - Began adding artists/producers/songwriters to platform, testing and improvements for release strategies, initial marketing stages
- March 2018 - First song released through Digital Currensy
- Q2 2018 - Acquire Funding
- Q2/Q3 2018 - Begin development
- April 2018 - Formed Relationship with worldwide distributor, FUGA
- April 2018 - Whitepaper V 1.0 Completed
- April 2018 - Website complete (informative .io)
- April 2018 - Token created
- May 2018 - Advisors on-boarded
- May 2018 - Website opened to public with Whitepaper V 2.2 including first advisors and updated strategy. V 2.x-9 will be grammatical changes, updates to team list, and ICO figures, which will all be publicly announced.
- Q2 2018 - Private pre-sale will begin once Compliant
- June 2018 - Pitch DC at MidemLabs
- Q3 2018 - Release Platform Phase 1 (Distribution OR Smart Music Marketplace)
- Q3 2018 - ICO (28 days)
- Q3 2018 - Release Whitepaper Version 3.0, highlighting technology specifications, updates, releases
- Q3 2018 - Marketing and artist recruitment
- Q3/Q4 2018 - Release Platform Phase 2 (Distribution OR Smart Music Marketplace)
- Q4 2018 - Begin BETA testing platform to all artists and rights-buyers,
- Q1 2019 - Fully Functional Platform Release
Core Team Members
Click photo for profile.
Questions about Digital Currensy? Send us a message and we will answer your questions as soon as possible.